While we work the boys hard, we also like to have some fun!
During the 12 week clinic we have "Challenge" or "Testing" Days where we reward individuals in 7 different categories.
1) Flamethrower - We test and re-test the players throwing velocity during the 12 week clinic and towards the end we reward the players with the fastest velocity in each of 7 age groups. The pitching and throwing drills we do each week are geared towards improving arm strength, velocity and preventing injuries.
2) Speed Demon - Each week we work on speed and quickness drills and towards the end of the clinic we have a timed base running contest where the fastest in each of 7 age groups are rewarded.
3) King of the Cage - We work on a massive amount of hitting drills over the Winter and have developed a tournament to see how well the players have learned what we have taught them and again reward the best in each age group.
4) Archer - This is a new program where we reward players on distance throwing accuracy.
5) Human Vacuum - This is also a new program where we reward players on a reactive ground ball drill.
6) Home Run Derby- We run an age group specific Home Run Derby using HitTrax. This is one of our most popular events.
7) Exit Velo- We work on perfecting your child's swing and a good indicator is Exit Velocity. We want to encourage our young athletes to swing hard and the Exit Velocity Challenge will help them to do just that.
This is one of the BEST instructional baseball clinics for young athletes. If you have any questions you can contact Mike Duffy on his cell phone @ 732-740-9418.